Last updated: January 6, 2023
SPARC services are provided on a first-come, first-served basis (i.e., we review grants in the order received) for UBC-led applications and depend on capacity. We encourage researchers, especially new faculty, to get in touch early to optimize the benefit of our services.
Faculty with access to multiple strategic grant development service providers, such as Faculty-based Grant Facilitators and the BCCHR's Research & Technology Development Office, should work with their preferred grant reviewer so that we can collectively support as many UBC researchers as possible.
SPARC Project Grant Contact: Marliese Dawson
- 1:1 Project Grant consultations cover a range of topics, including an overview of the funding program and how to organize your proposal to align with best practices.
- Recommended for Early Career Researchers, new-to-Project faculty and Foundation Grant holders.
- Contact: Marliese Dawson
- Guidance on Peer Review Committee selection and justification of up to two committees. Note that this is a requirement at the Registration stage. SPARC seeks to help applicants avoid possible mismatches between review committees and applications.
- Recommended for new-to-Project faculty, including Early Career Researchers, and those submitting new applications.
- Contact: Sharon Marsh
- Review of your CIHR Notice of Decision and preparation of a tailored document to respond to the reviewer comments.
- Contact: Sharon Marsh - please send the entire Notice of Decision package (PDF format) including score, ranking, reviewer comments, and Scientific Officer notes.
- Feedback on 10-page Research Proposal and 2-page Summary of Progress. SPARC provides feedback to ensure all criteria are fully addressed, as well to strengthen logic, coherence and statements of impact.
- Grants are reviewed in the order received, with one review provided per grant, so please submit early for feedback.
- Important Dates:
- Family Day statutory holiday is on February 20
- UBC Reading Week is February 20-February 24
- Contact: Marliese Dawson – please send your documents in one email in MS Word format
- CWL-protected resources, including guidelines and sample grants.
- Access SPARC's Project Grant resources by logging in with your CWL; resources will be updated ASAP for the Spring 2023 program, if required
- Access SPARC's Sample Grant Library by logging in with your CWL; new sample grants will be added after the Fall 2022 Notice of Decision
- Contact: Christy McTait