The Partnership Engage Grant supports collaboration between researchers and a single partner organization from the not-for-profit, public or private sector.
- Full application funding: $7,000 to $25,000
- Duration: 1 year
- Apply through web application
- Application requires a SSHRC web CV
Partnership Engage Grants are expected to respond to the objectives of the Insight program and the Connection program. They provide short-term and timely support for partnered research activities that will inform decision-making at a single partner organization from the public, private or not-for-profit sector. The small-scale, stakeholder-driven partnerships supported through the Partnership Engage Grants are meant to respond to immediate needs and time constraints facing organizations in non-academic sectors. In addressing an organization-specific need, challenge and/or opportunity, these partnerships let non-academic organizations and postsecondary researchers access each other’s unique knowledge, expertise and capabilities on topics of mutual interest.
- SSHRC PEG Webpage
- SSHRC Online Application System: SSHRC CV & Application Form
- SSHRC PEG Application Instructions (June 2018)
- Former SSHRC Selection Committees
- SSHRC PEG August 2018 Webinar (English and French)
SSHRC PEG Contacts:
- Sample Grant Library
- SPARC Guidelines for SSHRC PEG Application
- SSHRC Partnership Competition Comparison
- SSHRC In-Kind Contribution Guidelines
- SSHRC PEG Letter of Engagement Guidelines
Forging Effective SSH Partnerships with Non-Academic Organizations: Resources
- "The Researcher's Perspective" (May 14) Panelist Information, Slides, and Notes
- "Insights from Beyond the University" (August 1 - click here for more information and to register)
Information and Opportunities for UBC Researchers
- Indigenous Research Support Initiative
- Accelerate Fellowship (Mitacs)
- Partnership Recognition Fund (Community Engagement Office)
- Wall Solutions Initiative (Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies)
Resources at UBC
Sample Library (cwl-protected)
Workshop Series: "Forging Effective SSH Partnerships with Non-Academic Organizations" (co-hosted with the Faculties of Arts and Education and the Community Engagement Office)
- "The Researcher's Perspective": May 14, 2018
- "Insights from Beyond the University": August 1, 2018
SPARC is supporting the June 2018 SSHRC PEG competition on a pilot basis with consultations and editorial review for UBC applicants. In order to take advantage of these services, applicants must send full or partial drafts to Erica Machulak (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, March 1 at 4pm.
Reviews will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis until time and capacity run out. If, for example, the majority of applications are received late, we will be unable to guarantee feedback to everyone. Therefore please submit your application ASAP.