SSHRC Connection Grants support events and outreach activities geared toward short-term, targeted knowledge mobilization initiatives in the social sciences and humanities for $7,000 to $50,000 up to 1 year.
- Value and duration: $7,000 to $25,000 or $50,000 for other outreach activities for up to 1 year
- Required additional in-kind and/or cash contributions of 50% of amount requested from SSHRC
SSHRC Deadlines: February 1, May 1, August 1, November 1
Types of Funded Events or Outreach Activities (full list in Identification Section of Detailed Instructions)
- Events (up to $25,000): workshops, colloquiums, conferences, forums and summer institutes
- Other Outreach Activities (up to $50,000): policy briefs, articles for print, educational aids, interactive technologies, adaptation of texts, artistic exhibits, public debates and media events
- Disciplinary, interdisciplinary and/or inter-sectoral exchanges in social sciences and humanities
- Building international or national research collaborations
- A first step toward more comprehensive and longer-term projects
- Applications are adjudicated, and available funds are awarded, through a merit review process.
- Please also consult SSHRC’s Guidelines for the Merit Review of Aboriginal Research
Criteria (more info):
- Challenge—The aim and importance of the endeavour (40%)
- Feasibility—The plan to achieve excellence (30%)
- Capability—The expertise to succeed (30%)
- SSHRC CG Webpage
- SSHRC Portal: SSHRC CV & Application Form
- SSHRC CG Detailed Instructions
- SSHRC CV Instructions
SSHRC CG Contacts:
Hampton Co-funding Program for SSHRC Connection Grants
The Hampton Co-funding Program supports CG applicants in securing a portion of required additional contributions from sponsoring organizations. For more information, please click here.
Danica Kell, Research Development Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org / 604-822-8778).