SSHRC Partnership Development Grants (PDG) provide support to new or existing partnerships for initiatives that advance research, provide research training, and/or knowledge mobilization in the Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Full application funding: $75,000 to $200,000
- Duration: 1-3 years
- Apply through web application
- Application requires a SSHRC web CV
- Sample Grant Library (cwl-protected)
- SPARC SSHRC Resources Page (see Partnership Stream and PDG)
- Statistics for Successful PDG Proposals Across Canada
Introduction & Planning Meetings
- Partnership and research development strategy
- Project framework
- Team, partnership and network building and brainstorming sessions
- Budget and in-kind/cash contributions
- Meeting with students/program managers for training on proposal preparation
- Internal Peer Review
- Registration: email firstname.lastname@example.org to register by Sept 9th, 2019 at 4pm
- One Page Summary and IR Form due: late September, deadline TBA
- Full Draft Proposal due: late September, deadline TBA
- Receive Feedback by: October, deadline TBA
- SPARC Review
- Up to Nov 1st (latest possible submission)
- In these reviews, proposals will be finely edited by a member of the SPARC team. Applicants have the option of submitting their full proposal, or various modules.
Adhere to internal submission guidelines.
Anticipated SSHRC Deadline (TBC): November 15th, 2019
UBC Deadlines: The Office of Research Services (ORS) will forward your application to SSHRC after conducting a review of submitted materials. Typically, a signed Research Project Information Form (RPIF) and select application modules are due 5 days before the SSHRC deadline, and the full application must be submitted at least 2 days before the SSHRC deadline. Please see the ORS website for confirmation of internal submission deadlines.