SSHRC Partnership Development Grants (PDG) provide support to new or existing partnerships for initiatives that advance research, provide research training, and/or knowledge mobilization in the Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Sample Grant Library (cwl-protected)
- SPARC SSHRC Resources Page (see Partnership Stream and PDG)
- Statistics for Successful PDG Proposals Across Canada
Introduction & Planning Meetings
- Partnership and research development strategy
- Project framework
- Team, partnership and network building and brainstorming sessions
- Budget and in-kind/cash contributions
- Meeting with students/program managers for training on proposal preparation
- Internal Peer Review (check back in late summer 2020 for dates)
- Registration: email email@example.com to register
- Submit placement materials: IPR form and brief summary (max 1 page)
- Full Draft Proposal
- Receive Feedback
- SPARC Review
- In these reviews, proposals will be finely edited by a member of the SPARC team. Applicants have the option of submitting their full proposal, or various modules.
Adhere to internal submission guidelines.
Anticipated SSHRC Deadline (TBC): November 15th, 2020
UBC Deadlines: The Office of Research Services (ORS) will forward your application to SSHRC after conducting a review of submitted materials. Typically, a signed Research Project Information Form (RPIF) and select application modules are due 5 days before the SSHRC deadline, and the full application must be submitted at least 2 days before the SSHRC deadline. Please see the ORS website for confirmation of internal submission deadlines.
*Excludes special initiative PDGs (e.g. the 2018 CMHC-SSHRC PDG) and applications deemed ineligible by SSHRC.
Please see the SSHRC Interactive Dashboard for additional information about national results.