Insight Grants support research excellence in the social sciences and humanities. Funding is available to both emerging and established scholars for research initiatives of two to five years.
Stable support for research initiatives is central to advancing knowledge. It enables scholars to address complex issues pertaining to individuals and societies, and to further our collective understanding.
For scholars interested in carrying out research in its initial stages, SSHRC also provides support by way of its Insight Development Grants.
- Application Deadline: October 15th
- NEW: Insight Grant Streams A & B
- Stream A: $7,000 - $100,000 over 2-5 years
- Stream B: $100,000 - $200,000 over 2-5 years
- Streams A & B will use the same application modules and be evaluated by the same criteria
- Apply using online forms system
- Evaluation Criteria:
- Challenge – the aim and importance of the endeavour (40%)
- Feasibility – the plan to achieve excellence (20%)
- Capability – the expertise to succeed (40%)
- SSHRC Resource Centre – Fact Sheet about the new grants management system, Subject matter eligibility
- IG FAQ
- Previous Selection Committee Members
- SSHRC Guidelines for Effective Research Training
- Guidelines for Effective Knowledge Mobilization
- Full Application Instructions (2017)
- Upcoming SSHRC IG Webinar: Thursday, Sept 7th, 10:30am - 12:30pm, PST. Join via the following Adobe Connect Link: https://sshrc-crsh.adobeconnect.com/r3ykymcyov2c/
Re-Applicant Information Session & Workshop: May 30th
Offered to all unsuccessful applicants from the October 2016 competition, this session will focus on interpreting SSHRC results and feedback, outline support available for resubmission, and will include a large group discussion/brainstorm. Click here to register.
New Applicant Information Session & Workshop: June 1st
This session will introduce the IG funding opportunity, go through the modules required, and offer strategic funding advice. Click here to register.
Peer Editing Module Workshops
Detailed Description: Aug 31st
Budget/Budget Justification: Sept 14th
Knowledge Mobilization Plan & Expected Outcomes Summary: Sept 21st
Summary of Proposed Research: Sept 28th
Applicants who successfully complete the Peer Review program will be invited to submit second drafts to SPARC for a full proposal review by or before October 10th, 2017.
All applicants can submit their 1 pg Research Summary and/or their Expected Outcomes Summary for module review by or before October 4th, 2017.