Insight Grants support research excellence in the social sciences and humanities. Funding is available to both emerging and established scholars for research initiatives of two to five years.
Stable support for research initiatives is central to advancing knowledge. It enables scholars to address complex issues pertaining to individuals and societies, and to further our collective understanding.
For scholars interested in carrying out research in its initial stages, SSHRC also provides support by way of its Insight Development Grants.
- Application Deadline: October 1st
- Full submission timelines and instructions can be found on the ORS webpage.
- Insight Grant Streams A & B
- Stream A: $7,000 - $100,000 over 2-5 years
- Stream B: $100,000 - $400,000 over 2-5 years
- Streams A & B use the same application modules and are evaluated by the same criteria
- Apply using online forms system
- Evaluation Criteria:
- Challenge – the aim and importance of the endeavour (40%)
- Feasibility – the plan to achieve excellence (20%)
- Capability – the expertise to succeed (40%)
Click the links below for more information, and to register!
Register by: Aug 4th
One Page Summary and IR Form: Aug 7th at 12pm - download the IR form here
Full Proposal: Aug 12th at 3:30pm
Receive Feedback By: Aug 26th
All applicants are invited to submit their 1 pg Research Summary and/or their Budget Justification for module review by or before September 21st, 2020. Remaing proposal elements may be submitted for review up to September 24th, 2020.