SSHRC Partnership Grants (PG) provide support to new or existing partnerships for initiatives that advance research, research training, and/or knowledge mobilization in the Social Sciences and Humanities.
Stage 1: Letter of Intent (LOI), application deadline: Feb 15th 2018
Stage 2: Full Application, by invitation, application deadline: Nov 1st 2017
- Full application funding: up to $500,000 per year, up to $2.5 Million in total
- Duration: 4-7 years
- 35% matching funds required (cash and/or in-kind)
- Letters of support needed from partners (draft letter templates available from SPARC)
- Letter of support needed from UBC-VPRI (brokered through SPARC)
- SSHRC Resource Centre
- SSHRC Partnership Grant Page
- SSHRC Web Application site
- Subject Matter Eligibility
- Tri-Agency Financial Admin Guide
- 2018 SSHRC PG Stage I Webinar
- Examples of UBC SSHRC-PG funded projects: InterPARES, Canadian Network for Research on Terrorism, Security and Society, Participedia, Too Big To Ignore
- Individual or group meetings: discussion of project, competition overview, workplan, timelines, other information sources
- Workshops and information sessions
- Test-Your-Concept (highly recommended for Partnership Grants)
2017 Competition Test Your Concept: Friday, November 3rd 2017
In preparation for the SSHRC Partnership Grant (PG) LOI/Phase 1, due February 2018, SPARC is hosting a Test Your Concept (TYC) panel on Friday, November 3rd. Panel members, including PG awardees, Associate Deans of Research and SSHRC experts, will meet with applicants and provide constructive feedback on research concepts.
Fun fact: In the previous 3 competition cycles, all of the UBC-PG winners took part in a TYC panel.
Participation in TYC creates a strong competitive advantage and is highly recommended for applicants needing to secure institutional support letters.
Please register for TYC by sending a 1-page summary of your research to Dawn Whitworth by Tuesday, October 10th.
- SPARC Internal Resources (ex: Sample Grants Library)
- SPARC Contact: Dawn Whitworth
Introduction & Planning Meetings:
- Partnership and research strategies
- Project framework and governance structures
- Team, partnership and network building and brainstorming sessions
- Budget and in-kind/cash contributions
- Meetings with students/program managers for training on proposal preparation
Hampton Co-funding Program for SSHRC Partnership Grants
The Hampton Co-funding Program supports Letter of Intent (LOI) award recipients in the preparation of their full PG application. For more information, please click here.
- SPARC Review : Initial, in-depth written review of drafts of proposals or modules , follow-up meetings and communications
- SPARC Internal Peer Review: by previous successful UBC SSHRC PG applicants
- SPARC Final Review: final reviews, editing and polishing of full drafts and modules before final submission
- Letters of Support from VPRI: brokered through SPARC
Note: reviews are offered in partnership with Faculty-/Institute-based grant facilitators
For submission please consult UBC Office of Research Services to confirm requirements ORS Calendar of Deadlines and don’t forget your Research Project Information Form (to submit before SSHRC application)