The Strategic Partnership Grants for Networks (SNG) program funds large-scale, multidisciplinary research projects that require a network approach and that involve collaboration between academic researchers and Canadian-based organizations.
The primary applicant for Strategic Network Grants should be a very well-established researcher with an impeccable track record and established reputation in collaborative research, HQP training and management and who has all the required skills needed to lead a complex, large and multi-institutional research project.
NSERC SNGs fund the establishment of national, multi-institutional networks focussed on a specific research area with the active participation of Canadian-based partners from relevant sectors (industry, government, etc.).
- SNG grants provide funding over 5 years (renewable)
- Funding requests range from $500,000-$1.125M per year for 5 years, up to total of $5.5M
- Preliminary application deadline (annual): April 1st
- Full application (if invited by NSERC) deadline: within 6 months of NSERC’s notification of acceptance of the preliminary application (typically ~1 year after the prelim. app. deadline).
- If invited to submit a Full Application, we request that the applicant directly contact SPARC to arrange the mandatory University President Letter, and to discuss other possible support
Information on and Requests for:
- One-on-One Strategic Consultations
- Detailed Review (full SPARC review)
- Internal Review (peer review of proposal)
Contact: David Woods (604-822-8789)