The Collaborative Research and Development Grant (CRD) program supports well-defined research projects that are mutually beneficial collaborations between researchers and Canadian-based industrial partners.
The main goal of this funding is to give academic researchers and industry access to each other’s unique knowledge and expertise, and to train students in the critical technical skills required in the private sector. These collaborations are aimed at benefiting both the researchers and companies involved, and to ultimately result in industrial and/or economic benefits to Canada. Supporting organizations are required to provide cash contributions for CRDs, along with any in-kind contributions, as well as be fully engaged partners in the research project.
- “Average” CRD grant: ~$83,000 per fiscal year (2015)
- Funding requests range from $10,000 to $1M+ per year
- Application deadline: Any time
- 1 to 5 year grants; most CRDs are for 2 to 3 years
- “2:1 Leverage” (cash and in-kind industry contributions matched by NSERC)
- Projects can be targeted at any area of natural sciences and engineering research
- High success rate
Previous NSERC CRD Workshop slides and audio/video are available as CWL-protected resources
Information on and Requests for:
- Internal Review (peer review of proposal)
- Detailed Review (full SPARC review)
- One-on-One Strategic Consultations
Contact: Alexander Unterberger (604-822-5386)