Collaborative Health Research Projects (CHRP) is a joint initiative between NSERC and CIHR that supports focussed, interdisciplinary, collaborative research projects involving any field of the natural sciences or engineering and any field of the health sciences.
In the context of improved health for Canadians, the CHRP objectives are to:
- Translate research results to knowledge/technology users and other stakeholders;
- Encourage the natural sciences or engineering and health research communities to collaborate and integrate their expertise;
- Advance interdisciplinary research leading to knowledge and technologies;
- Benefit Canada by improving the Canadian healthcare system and/or services;
- Lead to economic opportunities in Canada (where appropriate); and
- Provide training opportunities in collaborative and interdisciplinary research of relevance to health, while preparing HQP for employment opportunities in the private, public or not for profit sectors.
The CHRP competition generally has a Phase 1: Letter of Intent deadline in the spring and a Phase 2: Full Application deadline (by invitation) in the fall.
2019 CHRP timeline (TBA)
Phase 1 - LOI due: 25th June, 2019
Anticipated Notice of Decision: 29th August, 2019
Phase 2 - Full Application due: 29th October, 2019
Anticipated Notice of Decision: 26th March, 2020
Phase 1: LOI
Phase 2: Full Application
- ResearchNet Full Application Instructions (in the "How to Apply" section, scroll to Step 2)
- If you would like to discuss whether this funding program is right for you or would like assistance in putting together a strong application, please contact SPARC to schedule a consultation session
Our CHRP-specific resources include:
- Workshop & Presentation Material